8.02.2010

What is wrong with people?


Update #3 or 4 ( I don't remember)

I know we said that there would be no more talk of white people, but this had to be shared with all of you. It just happens this person is white.

She will be referred to as C.

This person TOTALLY killed a friendship today. I found out she used my card number to buy herself Skype credit.

AGAIN.

How'd she get my card #? Well, the first time I put 10,000 won on her account because I had logged her off her Skype to communicate with a friend of mine from Facebook. I had asked first and she said yea. I didn't know someone else was letting her use their account that had unlimited talk time to the states. I found this out later on when she tried to get back on. Considering she just got there and had only been there for two week, I added the money to her Skype using my card and took of the auto charge option. She gave me the money in cash. This was all good with me.

The second time it happened, I just happened to be on my Navy account and saw a charge there for around $10 dollars the next month. One I did not authorize. It overdrew my account too, since I give the money to my mother to help with bills (I have overdraft protection though so no extra fees). I called her on it and she said it was an accident. It did it itself while she was talking to her mother over Skype. She gave me that money back too in cash and then some, because I included the fee what would have been the overdraft (I had to pay back what was overdrew).

This month makes the third time. She text messaged me this morning as I was heading into work saying, she owed me 10,000 won and will give me 30,000 won extra to keep using it. I only skimmed the message this morning and didn't know what she was talking about. It kept nagging me at work because this week I have no classes, so no distractions (desk warmer this week then vacation starts Monday). Good thing too, because I think I would have been cursing in front of the children. That is how pissed I got.

I noticed her other message C sent me saying her old account does not work. I texted back I don't care don't touch my account. C has the nerve to reply back and I quote

'My account you bitch and ignorant don't come near here want ur shit i will mail.'

I calmly texted back- 'bank account. not Skype.'

C then texted some nonsense from two months ago between one of her friends and I. It was about the Dog soup restaurants. Her friend and I settled that between ourselves and are cool with each other. C was saying something about research and called me a moron and I was wrong for calling the other girl out. At the time I had no idea what she was talking about, I was focused on my money.

I told her to pay me back today. C said she had no time because she doesn't have minutes. I told her to transfer it to my Korean bank account. C says she will do it in the morning (banks are closed when we get off work) but I will give her a week, since my vacation starts Monday. Then I go to her boss.

I know where she lives and works. She knows where I live, but she doesn't know where I work.

I am still simmering. I am a Taurus. I am slow to anger, but when I do watch out because it will stay for a good while.

I guess I had clues that warmed me to stay away from her, ut I never would have though this.
  1. The time she flipped off a subway car full of Koreans because she asked if it was the train going to Oido (toward where she lived) in ENGLISH and they just looked at her. She flipped them off and said "Thanks a lot f*ckers." I can imagine the shocked/horrified/embarrassed look that was on my face. C apologized to me later, saying she knows she embarrassed me, but it was already one strike in my head.
  2. Embarrassed the hell out of me again at some restauraunt where we met her friend, who annoys me too once I realized his true colors (douche bag) and I have only net him a couple of times. We met a couple of his Korean friends ( a couple) and as me and the lady were talking, I had told the lady I wanted to see Rain in concert since I missed the one before and she says loudly that I like Rain and want to marry him and have his babies and would not shut up about it for a good 5 or 10 minutes (2nd strike in my head). She apologized for that too, but I was already rady to go home, but couldn't because it was too late and the trains were going to stop before I got home and not enough money for a cab.
  3. The money thing was the third strike x infinity.

She was cool when I first met her in Atlanta at the Korean Consulate interview.

This sounds like someone who is just out of college or 18, 19 years old.

The kicker: she is older than me. She is 30 something years old.

Knowing how she is now, she would say it was only 10 bucks.

My paycheck every month goes to my mother to help pay bills. That 10 bucks could be what was standing between her and having hot food to eat, electricity, air conditioning (GA is HOT), RENT!

I would gladly forgo food and live off of water and tea if it means my Mom has enough money to get things done and not worry. (And make sure Mom NEVER finds out about it). I actually may have to do that next week, I have one more bill to pay.

I officially understand what Rain meant when he said in his interview last year when the hospital basically told him if he wants his mom to live he will get the money and they didn't do the correct procedure on her either. Also, when the landlord kicked him and his sister out with no notice. He said he seriously wanted to kill those people (seriously wanted to kill someone).

What would you guys do?

Is it wrong for me to give people the benefit of the doubt?

I will chalk this up into my bad experience in Korea. My next post will be the good things.

Dang it, I am pissed off again. I need cookies. Lots of cookies.

Update: C called me today, didn't say anything. Even though I broke contact with her and all I still got screwed in this deal more ways then one. Going to be so hungry in a couple of days.


22 comments:

  1. Hi;
    Hi;
    Reading your post totally pissed me off. Whoever this C trick is, she's a user, Plain and simple! She sounds like she is irresponsible and selfish; I have 0 tolerance for people like that. Whenever you’re dealing with people and you realize they have no compassion for others, cut all ties and head for the hills. Good for you on deciding to cut this leech out of your life. I'm sorry that you have to be dealing with this mess, but keep ya head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. get your money then get away from her as fast as possible

    I've encountered these narcissistic manipulative users both as "friends" and "family". They are best kept at a safe distance or cutting off all contact.

    C = ugly American

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have every right to be angry. I'm not one for giving advice, but I will say this...

    When people show themselves to you, please pay attention. You'll save yourself alot of headaches in the furture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C = typical white American.

    I've had a similar experience with money (in mine, the girl took my card and treated herself to her favorite restaurant w/o my permission, and then got mad when her mother found out and lectured her about her behavior).

    Be furious. Smack that bitch.

    And why is she in Korea if she's going to be cussing out Koreans for not speaking English?

    And why is a 30-year-old bitch doing all of this for friggin' Skype? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ankh

    I would but I rather keep my job, just in case. She paid me back 30,000\, more than what I said. I was expecting only 10,000\. I think she expects to use my card again, but she does not know that card will be cancelled. I am waiting on a refund and I can't cancel the card till that is done.

    She has the same job I do: teaching English.

    @Lenoxave

    I will. I have a habit of giving people the benefit of the boubt. Unless I get really strong vibes they are no good.

    @Alphabitch

    Your name makes me giggle. That eased a little of my anger.

    Now, I wonder how long it will be before she calls and wants to hang out like nothing happened. I am pretty much the only person she knows here, now that I think about it. She totally screwed that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now, I wonder how long it will be before she calls and wants to hang out like nothing happened. I am pretty much the only person she knows here, now that I think about it. She totally screwed that up.

    And she needs to regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and what is wrong with her that she doesn't have her own bank card? first she was using somebody's account then yours. What did she do trash her credit?

    a remember a certain frenemy of mine asked if she could use my card to pay for a web domain, I said HELL NO. she'd already trashed her credit and I wasn't letting her mess up mine


    I can't help but think that making fun of you for liking Rain thing was racially motivated. My white coworker felt the need to tease me about Rain and then run and the the one Korean male international student who works in our office. Its like they are shocked that we could be attracted to a Korean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ modest-goddess

    I don't know about her credit. The person who let her use the account was leaving and going back to the U.S. He gave her his account that had unlimited talk to the phone because he wasn't going to use it anymore.

    She didn't have a bank yet since she had just gotten there. It wouldn't let her do it with the Korean card. Apparently her mom does not want to talk Skype to Skype, she would rather talk to her on the phone. So she uses skpe to call her phone cheaper.

    I think you may be right about the Rain thing. We were talking about dating and she wondered why I liked Korean men. I said I like all men as long as they aren't douche bags. My last boyfriend was Italian (when I lived in Italy).

    Now that I think about it, some of the conversations we had, I am wondering why I didn't just stay away sooner. Like the times she got mistaken for a prostitute (dude actually brought out money and was counting it before he was going to approach her) and when I get checked out and she does not. Koreans talk to me first then maybe her... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I'm sorry you had to put up with this nonsense. That's what I get for leaving Korea :P I hope she stays out of your life and reflect on how stupid, petty, and childish she was being. I hope the rest of your time in Korea is less stressful :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. My white coworker felt the need to tease me about Rain and then run and the the one Korean male international student who works in our office..

    'Cause he would care...why? 'Cause he has a direct line to Rain himself? Because Koreans are interchangeable?

    Damn, WP. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Update -

    She paid me back (which covered all fees), card is cancelled, new one is on its way. No more contact with her, but I keep the number in my phone so I know who calls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @DN

    I'm glad you cut her off cold turkey. She's not worth giving the time of day. I know how lonely it can be living in a foreign country and wanting something familiar.

    I heart you about your mother. I'm originally from Alabama and I worry endlessly about my parents, especially because they're divorced and live very far apart. Three summers ago, my mother's air-conditioner conked out in mid-August and I was able to wire money immediately for window units or she would have died. If I didn't work, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night because I'd be worried sick. Otherwise, I'd be sitting at home writing sordid smutty stories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Privilege Gone Wild strikes again. WP can do stuff like this, and there's every excuse in the world for why it doesn't make them a bad person, but if one of us did it, we're every lying, cheating, black so-and-so in the book.

    I'm glad you got your money back though. You shouldn't have had to go through this at all, but at least now you know who she is and can stay away from her crazy ass. Keep your head up! She doesn't deserve your friendship anyway.

    And the Rain thing? Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else...sounds racial to me. I've gotten the same reaction. WP always get this surprised look on their faces when they find out he's Korean. And then they go really quiet when they learn that I find him more attractive than say a Gerard Butler. Like it's against the laws of nature or something. Some WP seriously need to get over themselves already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you cut her off cold turkey.

    As is meant to be done.

    WP can do stuff like this, and there's every excuse in the world for why it doesn't make them a bad person, but if one of us did it, we're every lying, cheating, black so-and-so in the book.

    Precisely.

    WP always get this surprised look on their faces when they find out [Rain's] Korean. And then they go really quiet when they learn that I find him more attractive than say a Gerard Butler. Like it's against the laws of nature or something. Some WP seriously need to get over themselves already.

    AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Hateya

    I heart you about your mother.

    Can you explain that to me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Update #2

    She has de-friended me on FB like I was the one who did her wrong.

    My best friend (who happens to be white, but she is family - cooked for me at 2 a.m whenever I got off work) pretty much offered to fly here and beat her down.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My best friend (who happens to be white, but she is family - cooked for me at 2 a.m whenever I got off work) pretty much offered to fly here and beat her down.

    So basically, she fits the definition of Decent White Folks. When they offer violence on your behalf, you know you've struck gold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So basically, she fits the definition of Decent White Folks. When they offer violence on your behalf, you know you've struck gold.

    The thing is her mother and brother would do the same on my behalf. She is beyond DWF. She is family. When I got off work when I had 6 jobs w/o realizing it and just show up at her house after work. Se would make sure I ate something.If I was short on rent she would give me the money even though she was low on funds herself. I am one of the few people who will pay her back. Hell, she wired me $300 dollars to come to her house for a couple of weeks because I hated my mothers boyfriend at the time and their was way to much drama going on and I had just drove to my Mom's hose from VA by myself in good time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is al misspelled. Sorry I am catching a cold.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She has de-friended me on FB like I was the one who did her wrong.

    Wow...just...wow. The unmitigated gall of this woman continues to amaze me. You're definitely better off without that blood-sucker in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're definitely better off without that blood-sucker in your life.

    An excellent term.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.