12.27.2010

Fanfic Alert: "Adrenalin"

I watched Ninja Assassin for the very first time this past summer. I was encouraged to do so by my friend Ankhesen, who pimped Raizo and Mika so much that I was compelled to see it. Plus, I love assassins and ninjas, so it was truly a no-brainer. Raizo, played by Rain, is very attractive and quite amusing in this film. But the real draw for me was the character of Takeshi, played by Rick Yune. There are two reasons for this:

1. Takeshi is sexy as hell. And the ninja outfit is a definite plus. I found myself pausing certain scenes in the movie so I could drool over him like a mental patient with a nice dose of Thorazine.

2. Takeshi is a minor character, and therefore largely ambiguous. He screams for exploitation. I could give a rat's tit that he's a bad guy; that just makes him more appealing to me.

"Adrenalin" is the result of a conversation I had with Ankh. She asked me months ago to write a NA fic, and I didn't think I would be able to do it due to other commitments.  But I watched the movie multiple times and got inspired.  We talked about the kind of woman a man like Takeshi might want, and "Adrenalin" is the result.

I should warn you that this fic contains explicit sex, language, violence and adult situations.  I don't shy away from anything that I think might contribute to a good story.  So for those of you who prefer their fanfics pristine and safe, you will do well to avoid this one.  For the rest of you, I hope you enjoy.

http://community.livejournal.com/beyond_trek/

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm definitely going to put this onto my Kindle and read it with relish. You've written some of the best S/U fiction EVER! Now you're taking on that hottie, Takeshi. It probably doesn't get much better than this. I was rather peeved that Takeshi/Ricky Yune did not survive to fight another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have been snooping on here for about a year now. But I finally have to make a comment. "Adrenalin" was the bomb. Fantastic story especially since I too saw "Ninja Assassin" for Rick Yune and not Rain. Rain is sexy but Rick is the man. Anyway love, love your blog. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, coco71! Glad to be of service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only have I read, but I've learned many many new things. *eyes my man* Thank you so much. I can't wait until they take on Raizo. Please tell us you're going to write a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hateya & coco71,

    Thank you very much. I am so glad you liked "Adrenalin." My own was pumping as I wrote it.

    I hadn't planned to write a sequel, but there's a nagging little whisper of an idea in the back of my mind. It says that Takeshi and Kameko escaped the massacre at the Ozunu shido, which would make any sequel AU. If you are fine with that, then a potential sequel may be in the works. I won't promise anything, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think any of us would mind Karl Yune - ahem, Takeshi - living to see another day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Amaya
    Girl, this fic was absolutely the bomb! I'm glad you gave Takeshi a chance to have his lovin too. I love your fictional character, she was a treat. Thanks again ;3

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Amaya

    No one in their right mind should object to an AU sequel, especially since that lovely hunk of YUM should have survived anyway. In retrospect, why did Raizo need TWO final showdowns? It would be great if the spirit moves you because I'm looking forward to more of this story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the love. I am actually dabbling with a sequel, but I am focused right now on trying to finish my first Blasian novel. But those two are on the stove, bubbling gently.

    Hateya, I do not know. I wondered that myself, and why he didn't keel over from massive blood loss at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Amaya

    Good luck with your blasian novel. I'm sure it'll rock the rest of us off our foundations. I have three stories in progress and trying to write them is akin to torture. In two, I've chosen a non-traditional Asian male as a co-protagonist. It's never easy working with indigenous characters because the potential for a major screw up is always there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.