12.01.2010

Skull (Updated)

Um...how come we ain't talked about Skull?

From Dub and Reggae:
Skull is a Korean reggae artist whose first single, "Boom Di Boom Di" (see vid below), was a surprise hit on the reggae scene. It rose the the #2 spot on the Billboard Hip Hop / R&B singles chart, an historical first for a Korean recording artist.

Skull‘s musical career was cut short when he was drafted into the South Korean Army and stationed near the nation’s demilitarized zone (DMZ), the heavily guarded border between North and South Korea. You can take the singer out of the military, but you can’t take the fight out of Skull: “I consider reggae music fighting music. I believe the strong message of reggae Music has the power to change people’s minds and influence how they live. I have devoted my life to reggae music,” he declares on his MySpace page.

Skull‘s performance at the 2009 Reggae Rising [was] on August 2 in Humbolt County, California. He [appeared] as part of a star-studded reggae music lineup that includes Gentleman, Luciano, Capleton, The Original Wailers, Tony Rebel, Aswad, Queen Ifrica, Sister Carol, Toots and The Maytals, Marcia Griffiths, Freddie McGregor, and others.

Skull is managed by Morgan Carey, Mariah’s big brother.
First of all, LOVE this vid.  For many obvious reasons.  Second of all...how awesome is he live?

**Update**Skull (as part of Stony Skunk), courtesy of Lenoxave She-Who-Finds-Everything:

18 comments:

  1. Big Up Skull! Now I'm not claiming I know who he is Ankh. Nope or I'll get into trouble.

    Here's an interview he did for 98.7 in Florida. He's a cutie.

    Skull Cut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll admit it. I looked at his muscles first before I read anything about him in your article. Because well, I saw bulging chest first. Then my tiger (I am a Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac and I squeal whenever I see a tiger anywhere...what can I say? I rep *hard*). Then his chest. Then the tiger. Then his hair. Then his chest.

    And then I read your article.

    Did I tell you how much I luff yew? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh...I saw that body and those dreds as soon as the page loaded 0.0 I'm DEFINITELY gonna check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *nods* I'm guessing the military had something to do with that body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guh...that picture just serves as a reminder of how long it has been since I've enjoyed the company of a man.

    Definitely will check him out. I love his attraction to reggae. From those videos his sounds damn good and appears to be "real". Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AY CALLIENTE! I don't know what they're cooking in the islands but I would like some yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And he's not even from the islands...but I'm guessing he likes the women.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Ankh - oh he likes the women alright. Check this out below. He used to be a member of Stony Skunk formerly of YG entertainment (home of Se7en, Big Bang, 2NE1)

    Boomdi Boomdi

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Lenoxave

    Oh, thank you, thank you!!!! Oh, girl...you always find the best stuff!!!

    Notice how commenting's been disabled for the video, y'all. *shakes head*

    Haters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - I added the video above.

    You can tell they had a blast filming this video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The other dude is Kush (formely S-Kush), by the way.

    Is he fine...or is he fine?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Lenoxave

    If I recall correctly, Chinese Jamaicans are common, due to the similar enslavement of Asians in those islands. Sean Paul's mother, for example, Chinese Jamaican.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Ankh - Kush, from what I've learned, is still w/YGE and has done writing for the fabulous Gummy. He & Skull had a damn good time w/the video. They can't do this kind of thing in S.K. or The Seoul Patrol would end their careers. LOL

    I def know they are common. Just a general stmt I threw out for those who don't know. There are still ppl out there who think Caribbean's of Asian descent are like Unicorns. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crap! Didn't mean to delete her. Here's Tessanne again.

    Hide Away

    ReplyDelete
  15. They can't do this kind of thing in S.K. or The Seoul Patrol would end their careers.

    Man, that sucks. I want to see lots and lots and lots more vids like these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They had heaps of good songs. now skull had finished his Korea army training. and he made new album 2012 . check that out guys

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.