1.14.2011

Interview with Lena Matthews - an Excerpt

This is from my interview with author Lena Matthews; here's the part I thought would interest Narrators the most.

I first learned about you thanks to authoress Shiree McCarver. You really caught my eye with your Blasian novella, The Good, the Bad, and the Naughty.  Is this your first Blasian book?  What inspired you to go that route?

Yes it is.  I don’t think anything inspired per say, but the world is a very colorful multicultural world and I want to write about it.

Readers on the Blasian Narrative are curious as to why Xavier Sun was mixed, rather than fully Asian. Was there a particular reason for choosing to make him mixed?

Like most of the characters I write, he was based on real person. In his case, Russell Wong, who himself is mixed.

Mmmmm...Russell WongNice choice.  When did you first fall for him?

The Joy Luck Club was the first movie I saw Russell in and it's been true love ever since.

I’ve noticed a rise in anal sex scenes in modern erotica; in fact, there’s such a scene in your book.  Why do you think there’s been an increase?

I think because it was something taboo before and in erotica you don’t have to be prim and proper. People do it, so why not write about it?

Fair enough! Can fans on the Narrative look forward to more Blasian stories from you?

Yes. I'm working on something right now, but it won't be out until late 2011 or early 2012. *wink*

5 comments:

  1. While I was curious (and worried) why the character was mixed, I'm glad to know the reason now. I'm not gonna lie, the person I've had a fatty crush on (almost literally) forever is Asian/White mixed so there's nothing wrong with that. Also, I don't know why I find the response to the anal sex question so funny. People do it, so why not? Lol. Good, brief interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Girl

    This is just an excerpt. I'll be posting the rest later on my blog.

    The idea that Xavier is based off Russell Wong makes me wanna read her book all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Ankh. I'll be looking forward to the rest of the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading this and I thought it was good. I think I loved the repartee between Xavier and Maryam the most. I could totally see a bit of Russell now that I read this interview..

    ReplyDelete
  5. no doubt Russell Wong inspires many fantasies.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.