3.15.2011

Narrator: Ballisto

Ballisto: Here’s some background information on me. I’m currently a student at San Jose State University. My major is business with an entrepreneurship concentration. I am three-fourths Chinese and one-fourth Vietnamese, but my family’s last name is actually Laotian. My parents were refugees in Laos before they immigrated to america, which would make me second-generation, I believe.

Who I am is not as important as what I am. I am a radical with enemies. You might be asking yourself right now, “Isn’t that a bad thing?” No, it’s not. Contrary to popular belief, the majority of whites during the Civil Rights Movement did NOT support Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. They saw him as a dangerous radical. Indeed, all civil rights leaders are seen as radicals by those they seek to overthrow. So whenever someone calls me a radical, I take it as a compliment.

As for having enemies, I also view that as a badge of honor for two reasons. One, the best way to make enemies is to try to change things, and I am definitely trying to change things. Two, having enemies means that at least once in your life, you stood up for something. In other words, I believe that if you’re trying to destroy hegemony and you do NOT have enemies that see you as a radical, you’re not doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.