3.15.2011

Narrator: Cin

Cin: Hmmm…let’s see. I became a part a member of the Narrative back in March-ish (or somewhere around there) of 2010 when it was still on LJ. I lurked for a few months before I decided to contribute my very first post (Is Rain the Korean version of JT), and haven’t looked back since.

I came across The Narrative after I saw Ninja Assassin for the first time and was extremely happy to find like-minded people who loved the movie just as much as I did, shipped Mika and Raizo just as hard as I did and were just as mad as I was that there was no lovin’ between them. Unlike the Spock/Uhura shippers forums, it was a safe place to fangirl all over this couple without the hate, vitriol and blatant racism that Uhura faced. Of course, that branched out to learning more about the Blasian Movement in general, which has really opened my eyes to all kinds of interesting new things.

I seem to have a penchant for writing about pop culture and entertainment. It certainly wasn’t by design…I guess I just kind of fell into it. Personally, I blame it on the awesomeness that is Rain.

I hope that I can keep letting black women out there know that there are those of us out there who have the same thoughts, who are going through what they’re going through, and perhaps most importantly, who understands what they’re going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.