4.09.2011

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Mortal Kombat

I'm really diggin' our girls Jade and Tanya and foresee not just completing my current fic, but starting a future one as well.  But I'm getting the feeling that while some of you are enjoying the fic, you're feeling like strangers in a strange land.

Mortal Kombat is a series of particularly violent fighting games.  In the past, the creators paid little attention to its "story", so there's not too much background you need to know.  Supposedly in the new game, they're going to focus more on plot in addition to blood.

But to give you a taste of what you may have missed out over the past 17-ish years, here are a few vids, courtesy of some serious geeks on YouTube.

This is Jade as she appeared over a decade ago in MK3.  To think that white gaming geeks have the gall to claim she was "never black."


And here she is in MK: Deception, in 3D:


And once more, in MK: Armageddon:


And now for Tanya. Tanya first appeared in MK4 (Jade was absent from this one):


And here Tanya is in MK: Deception:


And finally, Tanya in MK: Armageddon:


Now, in the last installment of Moonlit Mist and the Shrine, I introduced characters Mileena and Shang Tsung.

Click to enlarge.  Her outfit is bomb.

Mileena is a bit difficult to explain, and since I'm a fan, I'll share a quick vid of hers.  From the upcoming MK9:


Now, to get the best feel for Shang Tsung, I say screw the games, and just watch the first movie.


As you can see, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa embodied Shang Tsung, and he was damn sexy while doing so.

I maintain.
 I'll be honest...I never paid much attention to Kenshi and Fujin before now.  They were just more male characters in an already long list of male characters, and I was much more focused rejoicing at the sight of two black female ones.  But here are a couple of vids nonetheless.

Fujin in MK: Armageddon:


Kenshi in MK: Deception. Watch long enough, and he faces both Jade and Tanya. I'm becoming increasingly glad I chose him, by the way.


So for all you newbies, I hope this gives you a slightly better feel. Oh, and don't forget to check out the first chapter of my fic again; I added a pic I forgot to add before.

The outfit is bomb.

4 comments:

  1. Ok maybe I needed this refresher because Jade is the most chocolate-iest mocha of the characters. Maybe it was the light but in the playthrough of MK3 she looked darker than Jax which makes this even more of a slap in the face.

    I'm looking forward to more of your story.

    Funny notes:
    All your videos were like "cookies" for the gamer nerd in me.
    MK Deception Jade/Evil Fatality: Hahaha she beat him with his own arm.
    Oh and Tagawa is STILL fine even after playing the grandfather on Johnny Tsunami. Just sayin... I'd hit it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok maybe I needed this refresher because Jade is the most chocolate-iest mocha of the characters. Maybe it was the light but in the playthrough of MK3 she looked darker than Jax which makes this even more of a slap in the face.

    Indeed. The woman is black. She was deliberately meant to be black. The casting call specifically requested a black woman first. And the desert fight scene which you see in various incarnations of the game is called Jade's Desert. Ed Boon reportedly came up with it after being inspired by the Sahara.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.