10.16.2011

It's Ready!

For those of you who are fans of and followers of my blog and my work, I am happy to report that my first novel, Corruption, is ready for purchase.  Corruption is the story of Mahogany Carroll, an unrepentant cougar, and Jordan Yoshito, her precocious cub.  Jordan struggles with finding his way in the world, and Mahogany struggles with needing more than just great sex.  Mahogany likes her men young and Jordan prefers his women experienced, and so they enter into a relationship that was intended to be no more than temporary.  But people have a way of leaving their mark on one another long after encounters have ceased, and this holds true for Jordan and Mahogany.

I recently did an interview with Ankhesen Mié about Corruption, which represents my first foray into Blasian fiction. There are teasers and other relevant information about the book located on my blog. You can purchase the book directly from the MCP eBookstore. I hope you enjoy the book and I thank you for your support.

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for the day we can have a long and serious discussion about this book. Just recently I saw an article about how women's sex lives change after a double mastectomy and I immediately thought of Corruption, Mahogany and Jordan.

    I've been recommending this book to women that I know personally because Mahogany is in our age range and some of her experiences mirror our own. Several have told me that they intend to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know where to find me, H. I'd be more than happy to do a Q/A if one is called for. Mahogany's struggle is representative of many women in my life, and while I may not have been perfect in my portrayal of her experience and endurance, I did my best to honor the women she represents.

    Thank you for your continued support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaya, in the coming weeks I will mostly likely request that Q/A because you've raised some very serious issues in this book and it would benefit us all if there was actual discussion of it here at the Blasian Narrative.

    I did my best to honor the women she represents.

    You've succeeded brilliantly. Mahogany isn't a "white" girl dipped in chocolate. She's a genuine Black woman with a diversity of life experiences. Knowing her can only enhance the worldview of all readers, not only those invested in the Blasian movement.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.