1.03.2012

Folklore, and Other Stories (2012)

Middle Child Press is proud to announce the upcoming winter re-release of Folklore, and Other Stories, my second book.  Because it will be the first ever digital edition, it will also be unabridged, and much more polished.  After three years, fans will finally get the whole story...times three.

Folklore, and Other Stories was my first true love.  A trio of stories, it was my first Blasian narrative, and my second attempt at my (beloved) experimental literature.  In its early days, I recall that readers were surprised to see an African woman writing stories with Asian American men in the leads.  I strove to portray my male leads as men first, with a focus on their inner struggles and various personalities: Kazuya, the dark soul with a troubled past; Rory, the whimsical storyteller; and Jason, the frustrated husband who's convinced he married the Devil.

I think Folklore was my first book to ever receive professional critical reception, and I was astounded at how the critics didn't even bat an eyelash at my choice of characters.  It was right then and there that I knew experimental Blasian literature would be my genre of choice.

10 comments:

  1. Where can I get the digital edition? I want to read this first before the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear you're re-releasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ DN

    Give us a few weeks and we'll have it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really happy to hear about this Ankh. Rubs hands in glee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody!

    And for the folks who aren't in the know, Kazuya is Japanese American; Rory is Chinese American; Jason is Korean-American...in case some folks are worried it's just another Japanocentric romance novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited! I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous news! I am eagerly anticipating the digital release :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to need to make some serious invests, in order to afford all these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^investments, sorry! ^^;

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.