1.14.2012

'King Cobra and the Dragon'


Follow up and some back story to this post, 'King Cobra and the Dragon' goes into Sino-African relations as manifested in Zambia. As usual, it is a great thing that we get to hear opinions from actual Zambians and Chinese people living in Zambia. (I just could not get over the young Chinese girl who was born and is growing up in Zambia. How do I say this, it fascinates me when I meet Chinese or Lebanese people who speak English with accents from the African countries they grew up in). I am also not surprised that though before he was elected president, Michael Sata was vocally anti-Chinese, now he seems to have toned down his talk. All in all, this was very interesting!

4 comments:

  1. I'm just fascinated about this clip ..period. It's always a learning processs for Americans like me.

    This clip about Chinese-African relations has taught me a lot in terms who to listen to and who not to listen to.As I've learned, if you're looking to read about Chinese-African relations through an American publication,not to trust it. I rememebered reading one of them and if you don't read..or in this..see it from here, you're not going to get the truth from it.

    If I would have just accepted what the paper said, I would have gotten the impression that China was colonizing Zambia,but this is not what I've seen seeing on here. Unlike the dealings of China here in the states where Chinese/Americans seems to only be about business and nothing else, in Zambia, it's not only about that,but it's about so many much more great things that I will never read or see in my news publications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, there are people on the African continent who are also going through this learning process. We also have to understand that the West and their institutions are not always looking out for our interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Took me a while to sit down, catch my breath, and praise the living hell out of this post.

    This is excellent. This is exactly what the Narrative is all about - show the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, but most of all, the potential.

    That little girl had me grinning from ear to ear. She's Zambian, that one.

    Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent! And you're right that child is pure Zambian, there are children like her in Nigeria as well.

      Delete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.