4.25.2012

Changes

Speaking of Blasian relationships in African media, I've recently come across a quite positive representation. Changes is a Kenyan TV series that I enjoyed watching every Wednesday evenings until the season drew to an end. Changes follows the lives of several disparate characters and not too recently, one of the characters got involved with a Kenyan man of Indian descent.


I started watching Changes because I really wanted to get into a well-produced African TV series that I could look forward to weekly (another excellent one is Jacob's Cross). As usual, I stumbled across Changes by accident and found myself draw to the complex storylines and great acting. To be honest I haven't followed Changes religiously so I don't know most character's names, still I've watched my fair share of episodes. Including those in which the character played by Pierra McKenna began a relationship with the character played by Fareed Khimani. I can't find any images of their character together so here is Pierra McKenna

Image source

and here is Fareed Khimani

Image source

It was refreshing to see a Blasian relationship that was not doomed from the start or used as an example of how any form of interracial relationship involving an African woman is horribly wrong. As it is, their relationship hasn't really progressed so there is no way of knowing how things will end yet. Pierra's character is currently being blackmailed and is trying to solve her problems. There's an interesting backstory that suggests she may have a sordid past though her current life is glitzy.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Eccentricyoruba you've come through again! You always find the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you really do bring attention to the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have a good finger at finding some of the best hidden treasures.The Changes clip was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!
    I notice alot of show feature characters that are older, I like that. It seems much of Africa is not youth obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, considering how POC tend to age well....

      Delete
  5. thankyou!!!!!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *screams* Pierra McKenna! Omg, omg omg! *fangirl mode*

      Delete
    2. *saucer eyes* Fangirl mode indeed!

      Delete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.