5.04.2012

Chapter 5: The Ex...


Shocked and completely taken by surprise by the familiar man’s voice on the phone, Jasmine just held the phone to her ear and said nothing in reply. An awkward silence filled the air.

 “Hello… hello… Jasmine,” said the man. 

A sudden surge of mixed emotions ran through her head. Surprised that it wasn’t Jin, she felt all the old emotions stirring up from deep inside her.

“Yes Jamal. What do you want,” she said in a stern, commanding tone.

“Why you sound like that? You can at least say hi to me. We haven’t talked in a minute. What you been up to,” Jamal said in a playful kind of way.

“Why do I sound like this? Are you kidding me? You cheated on me with another girl and you expect me to be just fine cuz you called out of the blue?”

“I know. I’m sorry. It was a mistake. You know I love you, right,” he said in a soft, smooth tone.

She heard it all before. The old Jasmine would have fell for it but she learned from her past mistakes and was moving on with her life. Most girls would fall for the ‘I love you’ line or the part of the conversation where the ex would bring up old memories or maybe even the ‘remember when we used to go to this or that place’ line. She knew better though.

“Now you love me, huh? Whatever! You really loved me when you were cheating on me, right? I don’t have time for this,” Jasmine said.

“Well, what do you expect? I want to get some and you weren’t giving me any. It’s all your fault. I have needs and you weren’t taking care of them,” he said in reply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.