6.17.2012

First Poetry Contest Submission


Good evening fun, ambitious, hard-working people!  Below is a poem I submitted for a poetry contest I entered awhile ago.  I didn't make 1st place but I wanted to share it with you.  Hope you like it!

I'm sorry for my deep, passionate tone making your body react in this way,
as wave after wave of unrelenting tingling sensations pulse throughout her body, the words 'you're so Beautiful' is all I could say,

How did we get to this point?
Do you remember how this all began?
I'll be honest and say that you caught my attention at first glance,
and I'm not afraid to tell you how uncertain I was but I'm glad we took this chance,

This chance and the courage to see where we could take this,
not afraid of what our friends or family would think or say about this,

Did you ever think we'd both be looking at our phone, hoping the other one would call?
Did you ever think we'd both be cancelling our plans with our friends, just to spend time with each other at the mall?

I think about the times when I'm not with you,
and wonder if you were thinking about me thinking about you too,

What we have here goes beyond race and our differences,
it's our ability to learn and grow from each other that makes memorable experiences,

I don't know all about you and you don't know all about me,
but our communication and chemistry is great and I can't wait for us to see where this could lead...


Thank you so much for reading...

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. >>>>> No, but it was definitely a great experience to go up against so many talented writers.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Was this based off of a real experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >>>>> Yeah, the topic was AMBW relationships.

      Delete
  3. Did you ever think we'd both be looking at our phone, hoping the other one would call?

    I think about the times when I'm not with you,
    and wonder if you were thinking about me thinking about you too,


    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT RIGHT HERE! Damn, Robert...Imma need you NOT to remind me of certain things. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I really like the first line of your poem.

    I'm sorry for my deep, passionate tone making your body react in this way,
    as wave after wave of unrelenting tingling sensations pulse throughout her body, the words 'you're so Beautiful' is all I could say


    *Chills* I would love to hear you recite this poem.
    To hear your intonation and where you would place your emphasis, as the author. That would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >>>>> Thank you @Midnightskies!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to read this. :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Robert on getting your poetry completed and submitted. Submission is an act of bravery.

    it's our ability to learn and grow from each other that makes memorable experiences,

    This, in a completely off-beat way, reminds me of what my husband said when I asked him WHY he wanted to marry me (cause I suck at wife-dom). He said, "I wanted to spend the rest of my days sharing a lifetime of experiences with you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>>>> Thank you @Hateya for sharing!!! I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.