6.23.2012

Too Comfortable

So I planned to write this a few weeks ago but something always came up and it gave me more time to ponder the depth of what I am about to say. Have we become too comfortable within the labels that identify our very presence?

I know this contradicts my last post of moving beyond a sub-term to be seen as part of a collective whole. However, I want to look beyond that, at least for the moment to see if the label, or even the very meaning has put us in a niche that is just comfortable for us to remain but uncomfortable enough for us to possibly question on rare occasion.

Whether we choose to admit it or not, our culture, our society constantly bombards our psyche with the ideals of race, creed, religion, background, and identity to the point where it has become second nature. We have stereotyped our fellow brothers and sisters far beyond necessity where if one defies such an absurd 'logic', we are surprised, why?

Because.

We have become enamored in our pursuit of blindly understanding everything to the most finite detail imaginable. Every culture, every religion, every kind of people.

Take the "every kind" of out of that sentence.

Culture. Religion. People.

Pursue a world where there is no ethnic history but rather a history that reflects all people.

Pursue a world where the idea of color is not distorted to contrive fear out of people.
Pursue a world where equality truly reins beyond gender, creed, orientation, religion, etc. to the point where the term of identification has no purpose but rather the only bit of identification needed is friend.

Do not be too comfortable to challenge the status quo. Live for better. Desire for same.

I have contradicted my earlier post Asian-American. However, as I am a fellow man in this world, it is within me to learn and grow. I would hope that to all who read this, you would do the same and be mindful when you have grown comfortable in this same world.

Christopher "Chrispy AKA Kon"
@OfficialKon
Personal Blog

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, Kon, I dig your style.

    It's so contemplative, introspective, and evolutionary. I see growth every time you post.

    This right here:

    We have become enamored in our pursuit of blindly understanding everything to the most finite detail imaginable. Every culture, every religion, every kind of people.

    Take the "every kind" of out of that sentence.


    - pure insight. What prompts these posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would suppose life prompts these posts. That and the idea that the elephant within the room should be petted rather than just ignored :)

      Delete
    2. I would suppose life prompts these posts.

      And life is full of contradictions.

      Delete
  2. The best thing I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.