7.24.2012

Jeremy Lin Changing Teams Next Season...???

Last Thursday, Jeremy Lin was announced as a Houston Rocket after the New York Knicks decided not to match Houston's three-year $25 million offer.

Lin said, "It's been an unbelievable ride. Just a lot of things I didn't expect to happen, in terms of just the way last season went.  I still have to kind of remind myself that this is all actually happening, sometimes.  But it's a huge blessing.  I can't believe how it all shaped up, and for me to be here right now.  I'm definitely excited and thankful."

The New York Knicks had him, why did they let him go?

Jeremy Lin's performance last season and the whole 'Lin-sanity' frenzy definitely brought a lot of media attention and coverage to the Knicks, not to mention a greater international fan base considering Jeremy's Chinese and Taiwanese descent.

Now that Jeremy Lin is playing for the Houston Rockets, will that affect you following him as a fan?  Is the New York Knicks better off with or without Jeremy Lin? What do you think they are gonna do now to compensate?  Why didn't New York offer him a deal when they had him?

 

10 comments:

  1. The Knicks fucked up.

    Let me go ahead and get that out there.

    The Knicks fucked themselves over. The fact that that Houston was willing shell out $25.1 mil to get this man back should've been message enough to pay him whatever the hell he wanted. As a commenter on Facebook said, you don't bite the hand that resurrects you. For months, everyone was saying Jeremy was the guy who "made the Knicks relevant again" while Houston was kicking itself for ever letting him go.

    Mm-hm.

    Madison Square Gardens' stock skyrocketed by $600 million - during a recession - because of this dude. All he wanted was $25 mil. Really? This was the tough question folks wrestled with? Seriously?

    I am soooooooo glad I moved back to Houston. Halle & llujah, y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. kinda jealous that you have him in your neck of the woods!

      Delete
    2. Never cared for basketball before I saw this man.

      Delete
  2. Lin brought excitement to an otherwise boring season. If he gets healthy and is ready to play than the Knicks have made a huge mistake letting him go. Yes he has a lot of turn overs but I think he will improve with experience and playing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Houston always get the good stuff..lol!

    Seriously, the way the Knicks starry and fans treated him, I would have done the same. I mean,this remind me a little of how some Cleveland Cavaliers acted towards LeBron James when he left them for Miami. Why should they play for teams who don't appreciate them?

    I also think that Jeremy's move was good. From what I've heard about Houston,it's nice,laid back,with nice reasonable homes in there. I think that his folks still live in Cali. they would be closer to him in Houston than New York.Anyways,I hope that he will be well there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houston really is a good place to be. We're reasonable down here. And apparently, we can admit when we're wrong and pay up.

      I'm so proud Jeremy Lin made Houston crawl/beg/pay for fucking him over like that. That was some ballsy shit right there!

      Delete
    2. I bet they will never make that mistake again.I hope that Houston will be kind to him. I had a cousin who makes his annual pilgramage to the city to see a friend there.He loves it there.I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy buys a home there.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm sure Houston's ready to behave now. He's got them by the balls.

      Delete
  4. Jeremy did right. He wasn't going to get what he needed in NY, not with Carmelo's ball-hugging ass there. He needs to be in a place where he can develop his skills. And an extra dose of win for making Houston pay through the nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I bet he went all Janet Jackson and was like, "What have you done for me lately?" The fact that $25 mil's on the table lets you know he took them for a walk down memory lane.

      I don't let that laidback vibe and cheerful smile fool me. Lin dropped the Knicks and made his former team pay out the wazoo - that's some next-level bad-ass right there. It's like...*shivers*...Shakespeare.

      Delete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.