8.03.2012

Just to Be Clear

So we recently tried something with the Narrative; we had an open thread and I'll be honest.  At times, I was disappointed.

This is not a site to bitch about men.  That's not the point of the Narrative.  I was hoping with an open thread, people would contribute in a more sociological, historical, and news-worthy manner.  I was hoping to see more wedding pictures, read about travels, get updates on educational and economic opportunities abroad.  This is the Blasian Narrative, a blog whose core focus is learning.

Nor is the Narrative all about being attracted to Asian men.  There are other blogs for that sort of thing.

If you're a Black woman who's had lousy experiences with Asian men, this is not the place to spew your guts.  I took Joyful's comment and turned it into a guest post on the Black Girls Club, and there were some insightful mature comments about desperate Black girls/women spewing their guts online in videos and forums.  Bitching is an extension of that desperation, and it has no place on the Narrative.

If you're unhappy with your dating life, understand that that's merely a symptom of a bigger problem.  I have seen way too many beautiful Black women in relationships to have time to hear the complaints of the ones who aren't gettin' any, especially when they act like ALL Black women are experiencing the same problem.

If you're disappointed and lonely, it's time to take yourself off the market - and off the interwebs - and go fix the bigger problem.  If you hate yourself and your overall life, a boyfriend - regardless of color - isn't going to fix that.

So my challenge to you in this post, Narrators, is to contribute something productive.  I want to see some mature, intelligent discussion, people!

Recommended

Toning the Desperation

14 comments:

  1. DANG! I'm gone for a month and I feel like I missed a lot! Looks like when I was gone stuff got serious! But I agree, I like the narrative because its not like the other sites. It offers more of a learning experience. There's no need to add in life time dramas about failed relationships. I don't know about you but I don't really care because the Blasian Narrative is a professional sophisticated website that isn't about negativity but positivity. Its not a dating site, complaining site, or a place to rant of uneducated racist thoughts. That's why thousands of readers read BN. Not to hear about how someone can't get a man and blame it on his race. Sweety its not him its you. Just saying. Blasian, you're doing a fantastic job. Sorry I wasn't here for a month. I just got Certified in Nursing. Took my state exam and passed :D. Good luck you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. off* >.< My "F" is sticky

      Delete
    2. I just got Certified in Nursing. Took my state exam and passed :D

      Congratulations! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

      Delete
    3. congrats, nursing is a great field

      Delete
    4. :D Thank you. Now I FINALLY get to start my summer Monday for two weeks before I go back for my last year of high school. FINALLY A SENIOR!!! Yay! :D. I plan to use this spare time writing and catching up on what I missed last month. ;)

      Delete
    5. WHOA! I just noticed the live traffic feed! Scared me! It tells people my city! :O! But its a nice addition. I like how it shows the flags. So many people! It is very cool! Nice touch. Good job ;)

      Delete
    6. You're still in high school????

      Delete
  2. I appreciated the discussion a lot, it helped me sort out my own feelings. I feel like the Blasian Narrative and the Black Girls' Club touch on topics that all women need to reflect on but usually try to avoid, for they make us uncomfortable. Them making us uncomfortable is a SIGN that those topics need to be addressed, so thanks for giving us the opportunity to do so!
    On another note, I hope to contribute to the general discussions on Blasian topics a bit more since I'm moving to Taiwan for (at least) a year in less than a month. I'm very eager to see what life is going to be like for me there. I remember reading about DN's experience in Korea and I can't wait to experiment on my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about going to Taiwan to teach English! I decided to pick China because the recruiting agency seemed better. I made the decision to try to go to Taiwan later on a Fulbright research grant instead of trying to teach there first.

      I too also hope to contribute more to the general discussions once I leave for abroad.

      What made you want to go Taiwan?!

      Delete
  3. Hey all, I have also been gone for a while. I just finished up my year studying abroad in South Korea at Korea University. I also got to teach English at Konkuk University with my three awesome students as well as all of the other students and teachers that I met. It was truly one of those experiences that I will take with me for the rest of my life. It was really awesome to see Asian culture firsthand, and to be honest, it made me love it even more. From the people I met to the places I got to visit, it was a journey of a lifetime! I hope all is well everyone! Much Love and Blessings ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to do a post or series of guest posts about your experiences, feel free to contact us.

      Delete
  4. whoa, you turned my comment into a post! :S I had no idea...

    I didn't mean to "bitch" about Asian men,obviously I love them or else I'd not date them exclusively. I just wanted to help the yungins to tell the wheat from the chaff.

    Never heard of the black girls club... I need to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You weren't bitching. I should've phrased that better; your post sparked insightful comment because it got the ladies - intelligently - talking about what was important to them and what they found internally attractive, instead of twirling their hair and squealing, "OMG! Asian boys! LOL!"

      Delete
  5. I recently found an article in a different magazine and what made me take notice was when I saw the image of the fashion designers.

    http://www.cfda.com/designer/public-school#!
    http://www.complex.com/style/2013/07/public-school-interview/page/1

    Both links are not to the original article but just more information on the designers. I know the duo are nothing new but it is always nice to see POC having a successful business venture and staying true to themselves. I actually wonder about other fashion design duos that are this combo or more varied.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.