1.22.2013

New Look, New Attitude, and Other Announcements

Yes, we've changed...again.

Call it getting older or what have you (my birthday's today), but I've been thinking about tweaking the Narrative for a while, not just in aesthetics, but in content as well.

A couple of days ago, I emailed all the Narrators to let them know they didn't specifically have to blog about AMBW relationships, couples, or Blasian romantic things in general.  I'm encouraging the Narrators to simply blog, to talk about themselves, their lives, their experiences.  This blog was designed to be a place for Blasian voices, for African women and Asian men to simply talk in a safe space.  While I'm all about Blasian couples and imagery (keep 'em coming), I do believe in a platonic-first approach because it gets this narrative back to its roots in sociology and history, takes pressure off the writers, and gives them space to write new things.

Which brings us to the new visual theme of the Narrative: the coffee house.  This is your cyber coffee house.  This is where you can discuss news, politics, entertainment, and academia online as a group of people just trying to figure this world out and...who aren't under pressure to "couple".

That all being said, February 3rd, 2013 marks the third anniversary of the Blasian Narrative, and I'm deeply pleased to announce that we have almost reached 1 million views.

Great work, everybody.

Ankhesen

16 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday!

    The new look is very relaxing, it really caught me by surprise.

    I don't drink coffee but hot chocolate will do just fine lol And I agree, more posts on a platonic level, yes! It helps mutual understanding and prevents ignorance somehow. I'm not even that interested in relationships anyway, therefore social, personal, cultural and economics (etc) stuff is cool for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    May you get everything you hope for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday

    Here's a present....i was so nervous i couldnt watch
    ch all of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pbrb_1URlQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's got some serious pipes!!!

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Ankh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated B-day. The new design is great and I love the butterfly shaped foam in the cup. I can't wait to see what's coming up for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love the new look. Thank you for maintaining this site everyone! Its very relaxing to come back to from hectic school days. I still got to catch up on articles. xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and Congrats on the million views! Wow, has it been that long? I remember when I found this site...*goes back down memory lane* you were linked on a Sam Caucus post I believe, and I've been dropping by since ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 3rd BN. Also: small mission: find out who the Asian cutie is in the Best Buy Super Bowl commercial.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.