11.17.2013

Blasian Lit Thread #20

Milk & Honey by Roslyn Hardy Holcomb

For those of you who enjoyed Buttercream, here’s another delicious story about the “flower children” of the Blakemore clan.

When a massive land development deal brings together high-powered dealmaker Cypher Lawrence and latter day hippie goat herder Jacinto Blakemore the last thing either expects is an explosive attraction that leaves them desperate for more. Cypher has been assigned to broker a contract with Jacinto for the sale of his farm. Despite his laid-back demeanor Jacinto has a will of iron and is determined to hold on to his land against Cypher’s corporation.
Business considerations take a back seat as they discover a love that transcends their differences, and Jacinto’s beloved moonlit prairie is just the balm Cypher’s overextended spirit needs. They fall into a serendipitous relationship, but when corporate intrigue threatens to tear them apart there might not be enough similarities and trust to sustain their love.
ARe; Smashwords; Amazon UK

Comment: I would definitely recommend this one. I have always enjoyed Holcomb's works and I'm just pleased that she's started writing Blasian stuff. Jacinto Blackemore is Vietnamese, and he's a farmer who has goats and lives in a yurt. Cypher is a city girl through and through, I loved their chemistry and the fast pace. I just wished it was longer.

Nice cover too!

Miscegenist Sabishii by Pepper Pace
What do you do if you’re a black man in all ways except one; on the outside? That is the dilemma that Tony faces as a Japanese American raised in an all black urban neighborhood. Now as an adult Tony finds himself attracted to black women but due to social taboos is unable to have a true relationship.

It doesn’t help that his mother will not accept the fact that he will never marry any of the many Asian women that she randomly sets him up with. But then one day the woman of his dreams walks into the office. She is everything that Tony wants; bodacious, big booty, big boobs and black. The only problem; he is her boss.

Nikki likes Tony but finds herself attracted to his friend Dean, African American and sexy! Unfortunately he is not nearly the man that Tony is and by the time that she discovers this it may be too late. Now all stories have been combined into one volume including a bonus epilogue!
Comment: How did this get 4 1/2 stars on Amazon from more than 50 reviews? That almost makes me want to check it out but I may pass.

Amazon; Amazon UK

The Funeral Planner by Capri Montgomery
Valeda Strong never planned on being a funeral planner. But when life throws her a curve, Valeda realizes any job is better than no job at all. When she takes on a contract to plan Global Tech-Cast funerals will this funeral planner find herself in need of a funeral planner of her own?

One tenacious funeral planner, one sexy Asian man, and a whole lot of trouble. Find out how it all comes together in The Funeral Planner.
Amazon, Amazon UK

Comment: The cover on this one is horrible.



Saranghae by Kendra Mei Chailyn
An army brat, Riley Jackson was forced from one country to another; Military base to Military base. Her father is then stationed in South Korean and once again Riley prepared herself for being alone and miserable. Then she meets Seungo Ji and life becomes better. Only, he's much, much older. Her father freaks and ships her back to Canada to get her away from Seungo. Years later, after her latest boyfriend turns into a toad, her best friend dies without leaving a will sending Riley into a custody battle with his parents, she heads to Seoul to see if there's still some feelings there between her and Seungo while she waits for a judge's decision.

Seungo Ji has just returned from his mandatory two year military training. All he wants to do is see his brother, see his mother and make sure his brother didn't burn down his Entertainment business while he was away. But when he gets home, and there's a knock on the door, the last person he expects to be there, is Riley. Old feelings come rushing back and he has no idea how to deal with them. To make matters worse, now he's in a battle with Riley's hectic life, her father and both their hearts.
Amazon; Amazon UK 

Comment: I like the cover on this one, not sure if that's enough to make me want to read it though it looks like something I'll consider checking out the next time I'm in the mood for reading straight romance.

13 comments:

  1. i can vouch for pepper pace's book!!! THIS WOMAN IS ONE OF THE GREATEST WRITERS I HAVE EVER READ FROM!!!! SHE IS A GENIUS!!! she manages to take so many unlikely pairs and situations and makes them into the greatest stories!!! Its not just sex...its romance, passion and overcoming odd all in one book!!!! i promise you wont be disappointed when you read Miscegenist Sabishii! I have 10 of Ms. Pace's books and every time she releases a new one I never hesitate to buy it because I know its going to be amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, okay. If I got a free copy for a review I'd read it because I still am not sure about this at all.

      Delete
    2. if you want me to send you it on kindle, I can lend it to you!!!

      Delete
    3. You would give me your email and would open it up in your kindle app!

      Delete
  2. Can you believe you've been doing these threads for years now? Literally?

    Wow. I've noticed that book covers are finally starting to evolve. Not to say that we hadn't anything to do with that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I actually can't! But I'm sure there are even more books with Blasian themes that I've missed.

    Yeah the book covers are looking better, and the content too is slowly improving. Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I know, right? There was a time when we had to scrape for Blasian material. Look at how things have exploded in just a few short years.

      Delete
    2. No doubt a bunch of things; social media for one, people realizing there's a market, people opening up and being honest, and people finally deciding just to do what they want.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, I'm thrilled you enjoyed it. I'm still feeling my way around the blasian universe, but Jacinto is one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to see you on the Narrative.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed Miscegenist Sabishii. Pepper Pace is one of my favorite authors because her characters aren't perfect and are like everyday people. Saranghae was a bit short for my taste because I felt there could've been more added in, but I still liked the story. Milk & Honey is on my list of to reads.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.