11.12.2013

Music Artist Speaker Series: 'Benjamin Gifted' Interview w/ Robert Darrien

1. Benjamin Gifted, one of the incredible artists with BullFight Records; you are very skilled and incredibly talented, what inspired you to write and get into the music industry? btw, that is a great Bruce Lee shirt.  I need to pick one up.

Thank you for that, 99.9% of my inspiration comes from life itself, the other 0.1% comes in my sleep. Every new day I have the privilege of learning new philosophies and ideas, experiencing new relationships and emotions, perfecting my craft on whatever project I am working on at the moment and it just so happens to be creating music.

2. How would you describe the music that you make? What would you want your listeners to walk away with after hearing your music?

I would describe my music as an embodiment of who I am as a breathing person, for example, my traits, thoughts, feelings, flaws, successes, failures, etc. are always incorporated with the music I create. Next, it has always been my goal to spark the minds of my listeners because you never know what kind of genius is nesting inside someone just waiting to be tapped and stimulated.

3. For someone who doesn't know your background, what would you want them to know about you?

I am introverted and I value logic and knowledge as if it were a currency itself. A rich-mind can make even the poorest person feel like a million bucks.


4. Who are some of the artists that influence or inspire you?

One of my favorite questions and not enough time in the world to discuss them all. My influences range from all genres of music. Nas, Tupac, Jay-Z, Biggie Smalls in hip-hop, Frank Sinatra, Boyz II Men, Nobuo Uematsu who made video game music for the Final Fantasy series, Green Day, a hip-hop trio from Thailand called Thaitanium, the list goes on...

5. If you had an opportunity to collaborate or work with another artist, which artist or artists would it be and why?

RIP Tupac and Nas is at the top of my list. I know for a fact beautiful music will be created plus I am most intrigued in their thought patterns since it is far from the norm. Not only will I grow as an artist but as a person as well. Killing two birds with one stone!

6. Last but not least, what future projects are you working on that you want to share with your supporters??? Albums, singles, websites, future collaborations... Etc…?

I am currently juggling with promoting our new album called “More Than A Mixtape” with my Bullfight Records team all while creating new music for my personal solo project called “Greatness". BFR has done collaborations with Freeway, Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, along with local artists from Jersey and Philly. Check us out on BullfightTV on YouTube (www.youtube.com/bullfighttv) where we constantly release new material from music videos, live performances, workflow, and funny skits.

Thank you so much Benjamin Gifted for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from you and all the incredible artists at BullFight Records.  Congratulations on all your hard work.  Can't wait to see your growth and successes in the near future.  Thank you.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, salty goodness. Thanks for this, Robert.

    The track was nice, but it would've been better if someone had done the hook, like a woman.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.