12.15.2013

Another Kind of K-Drama

We can't let the Koreans have all the fun.

A while back, CosmicYoruba did a post on a Kenyan TV drama, Changes. Our new relationship with DramaFever got me looking to see what other international media we can post, and while doing some research on Kenyan dramas and soaps, I came across the soap opera Mali (with "Mali" being the surname of the family on the show, not a reference to the country).

I'm not really a fan of dramas and soaps; I'm not a fan of the shallow melodrama and all that, but it is good to see a diverse range of beautiful African women on a TV show, and after watching clips - just clips - of Mali, I'm already rolling my eyes and wondering who the hell "Usha" thinks she is and why she be causin' drama....

You'll see what I mean.











9 comments:

  1. Aww man.. I seen a few of these clips and so far, I'm liking Mali. From time to time,I check around for Hollywood flicks as well as Senegalese /Cape Verdean flicks (I thank my Cabo-Senegalese friend for introducing me to such great stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm already rolling my eyes and wondering who the hell "Usha" thinks she is and why she be causin' drama....

    You'll see what I mean."


    Ooooh yes I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *typo* Though I typed in Nollywood, it only recognized Hollywood. Hollywood was what I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggone it did it again. I m just going to say N-dramas (Nigerian pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of Lulu. I don't know what it is. And I admit, Usha's got some Grade A snark. And she's thick, so...kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cool, maybe we can add some Nollywood dramas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch NIGERIAN Movies!!! :D

    Tons of Melodrama! Some can be very seep and touching as well....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.