12.04.2013

Music Artist Speaker Series: Tim 'Desert Eagle' Interview w/ Robert Darrien

1. Tim 'Desert Eagle', you are very skilled and incredibly talented, what inspired you to write and get into the music industry?

I grew inspiration from a few things. My parents were the biggest influence on my musical career along with my Uncle Curtis. They were all talented musicians and I grew up listening to them having jam sessions in the living room at night. Hip hop was one of those things I picked up as I began exploring different types of music that reminded me of what my parents did. Earlier hip hop had an all around sound that I was familiar. It had the live instruments and jazz elements I used to hear in my house all the time. I ended up playing multiple instruments growing up and learned how to read music so I could use it later on in my career. Music has been in my blood for years so it seems natural do it.

2. How would you describe the music that you make? What would you want your listeners to walk away with after hearing your music?

I make a unique style of hip hop. It embodies all the different styles of music and different environments I've been exsposed to. Its a smooth but rugged approach to rapping. I try to aim for the crowd that enjoys conscious music but I also like to show people a side of hip hop that's been forgotten which is actually story telling. I like to link a lot of ideas together almost like I'm having a conversation with someone. My music should sound personal and hopefully makes people look at things from a different perspective. At the same time I can make you feel a wide variety of emotions going from club to street back to conscious or storytelling. People usually walk away feeling refreshed like they just heard something new for the first time.

3. For someone who doesn't know your background, what would you want them to know about you?

I would want them to know I am a big family man. I been in a lot of settings but people dont change much just their situation. I lived in the hood, the suburbs, the city, and family is the one thing that keeps them together. I use the music as a way of building a new family. I started losing a lot of family early in life so I try building good relationships with all the people I meet so I always come off as a genuine guy that's easy to relate to. It makes it easier for people to be around me. I love having my space for the most part but I believe the family man in me drives the larger part of my character.

4. Who are some of the artists that influence or inspire you?

There's too many to list but outside of my parents guys like Biggie Smalls, Naz, Jada Kiss, Busta Rhymes, are my just a few of my favorites. I get a lot of my musical inspiration from Mozart believe it or not. That guy was a musical genius. It took people a while to understand his true contribution to musical progression but studying him helped inspire some of my more progressive works. I see hip hop like Mozart saw classical. Its a collection of different elements that deserve their own respect but blend together to tell a story and I learned that best through him as a musical role model. Of coarse again my parents are my biggest role models they were the first artist I knew and learned from.

5. If you had an opportunity to collaborate or work with another artist, which artist or artists would it be and why?

I would want to collaborate with Michael Jackson God rest his soul. He was the best to do it in every niche of music. If you want living I would want to work with Naz. He is my overall favorite rapper and I think be would be able to rip anything I bring to the table. Jada Kiss would be my next choice for the same reasons. Either or would be a career maker for me.

6. Last but not least, what future projects are you working on that you want to share with your supporters??? Albums, singles, websites, future collaborations... Etc...?

I'm working on my E.P. "Gravity" along with a few other projects that my team is working on. I plan on doing my second album in 2014 after I drop the E.P.. I have a instrumental series I will also release early 2014. Ill be busy for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Not only is the track next-level, the video is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know this guy, but I want TO right now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.