2.28.2014

ABC...Mayday...Mayday, Dude....

See Also

Black Girls' Night Out: Lacey Porter

If I were Avan Jogia, I'd be exceedingly worried with what ABC's doing to my career.

The same goes for the rest of the cast.  I'm sorry for the lateness of this post; work got in the way.  Typically, when a post is this late, I tend to go back to rewatch the most recent episode to refresh my memory.

Not only will I do no such thing, but I want the original 45 minutes of my life back STAT.

***as usual, spoilers***

Oh, my God.  I was afraid of this.

A critic last week was concerned that the writers were going to drag out Danny Desai's decent into Tragic Emoville and boy did that critic have every right.  This episode continue with Jogia's sincere attempt at being tormented, along with the return of some of the POC from the older episodes.

Sarita (still no last name) is back and more gorgeous than before, and still giving Lacey Porter the cold shoulder.  A new Asian girl named Andie (no last name) is introduced as potential (willing) love interest for Rico (still no last name).

And the New Guy who's stalking Danny who's from his past and supposedly here to lay waste to his life does...nothing, absolutely nothing of import in this episode except add to the growing abundance of white faces.

And speaking of whiteness, there's a definite "theme" in this episode which shows just what kind of writers we're dealing with.

As an exonerated Danny returns to high school, we the audience get caught up on what happened while he was away.  Remember his friend who got poisoned with mothballs and wound up in the emergency room?  The two white boys who framed Danny for it were expelled from school.  It's confirmed onscreen that they were not arrested for almost killing their classmate.

Meanwhile, when he was 11, Danny the-non-white-boy was packed off to Juvie for five years without so much as a by-your-leave with what, I'm guessing, was barely circumstantial evidence.  No one paused to ask how an 11-year-old boy was able to overpower and strangle his much taller aunt.  No one apparently cared enough to question his little story.  But two boys in high school almost killing someone, and admitting to it, pretty much get a slap on the wrist.

Moving on....

Lacey has to browbeat Danny into going to Homecoming, where he sulks and whines and throws a fit after being crowned Homecoming King.  When he almost blurts out what he did to his father, Jo steps in to shut him.  And that's when I realized something: Danny is tormented by Vikram Desai's death; Jo is not.  Jo is just upset that were it to get out, it would ruin her life.  Her answer to Danny's guilt and self-loathing over killing his own father is that Danny should just shut up and forget about it.

The one highlight of this episode is that Danny gets a car and seeks Lacey out to make up with her, kisses and all.  He seems finally ready to settle into his new life when boom...Vikram's corpse is found.

Next week, the non-drama continues:


11 comments:

  1. "Meanwhile, when he was 11, Danny the-non-white-boy was packed off to Juvie for five years without so much as a by-your-leave with what, I'm guessing, was barely circumstantial evidence. No one paused to ask how an 11-year-old boy was able to overpower and strangle his much taller aunt. No one apparently cared enough to question his little story. But two boys in high school almost killing someone, and admitting to it, pretty much get a slap on the wrist."

    Keeping it extra real, I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right. Not even gonna get into the part about the New Guy saying he got out "for good behavior" if I remember right. I imagine Danny had no such luck. And now, in the preview, apparently Jo's going to blurt out what happened with Danny's dad? Suppose the writer's couldn't help themselves with that - making her look, as always, like the moral compass of the group with the cool and ever-level head. Couldn't help themselves from ruining Danny and Lacey's happiness at the end of the episode either, indeed - good point.

      Well, for the plus side, I hope that Rico gains a real interest in Andie and leaves Jo in the dust at least. And I gotta say, I was rather happy to see Tess be exposed as she was. Jo's dad gave a great reaction performance outside the restaurant - was waiting for him to cuff her but...of course, wasn't gonna happen. lol Regardless, such a shame, the direction this show's taken. Annnnd another one bites the dust.

      Delete
    2. Well, for the plus side, I hope that Rico gains a real interest in Andie and leaves Jo in the dust at least.

      We can only hope. I actually raised an interested eyebrow when they introduced Andie; she's soooooo much cooler than Jo and actress Cynthy Wu is simply too pretty.

      And I gotta say, I was rather happy to see Tess be exposed as she was. Jo's dad gave a great reaction performance outside the restaurant

      I had given up on the acting on this show, but that actor really brought in that scene. He laid into Tess fo sho; he went off.

      Regardless, such a shame, the direction this show's taken. Annnnd another one bites the dust.

      *nods* Time of death...several months ago.

      Delete
    3. And with all these white boys getting off easy or on "good behavior" (whatever that means), along with Tess and Gloria not being promptly packed off to jail, we're seeing a great reflection of society. These writers literally can't seem to stomach seeing white people suffer consequences for their bad actions. And no matter selfish or immoral Jo is, like SC said, she somehow always winds up being shone as the moral compass of the show.

      Uh...no.

      Delete
  2. Far as I'm concerned ,Twisted should be in the CCU.

    It's going from bad to worse . Like I said, I've been flip flopping with my channel because of the cheesiness on the show.

    I guess they thought that Danny's kiss to Lacey was going to appease us...NOT! They need to stop kidding us.They are doing their best to keep them apart .Again Super Jo (being sarcastic) have to save thenight as always. This should have Laceys time to shine. Supposedly, Danny loves Lacey, yet Poor Jo have to intervine ,making Lacey seem incompetent of navigating her relationships .

    Twisted has already screwed up with Vikram. That could have been a great story for that show. Now, they are trying to make sense of it by having Danny look bad again. It just doesn't make sense. I concur about Brother Rico. The more I look at this guy, the more he comes off as sexy for some reason though he playing a civil minded... I guess because as Lena mentioned on the AfterBuzz show, he's being a man... and it seems real.. more than I can say for Jo. I m happy to see him have a love life with Andie.

    I was reading a post about how it was said that the woman that plays Jo resented being called Poor Jo. I don't know how true it is but if she did I hope she get why. It's not that people hate her but the direction her bosses put her in. I was reading the IMDB and I seem to notice how the main characters got a extra episode while Kylie is one less than others. This was the same thing that was done to her last time. I really believe they're trying to destroy her and Danny by doing this.

    Geez! Twisted is getting so unreal until the show is becoming a joke. It just seem that the actors have to read some choppy, half written scripts just to stay relevant. I feel so bad for A van, Kylie and Ashton but I hope that they have more sucess with other shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, y'all...enjoy this because it's the last one. I found a way to cancel my subscription because those of you who aren't watching the show do not realize how excruciating it is to sit through a single episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've sacrificed yourself long enough. Get free.

      Delete
    2. All of that torture..Im doing the same ( but not by HuluPlus)

      Delete
  4. Oops...I forgot that my three strikes was out and Im going to keep that promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://bitstrips.com/read.php?comic_id=K88KW&sc=1

    The comics are pretty good, especially the re-imagining of the death of Vikram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe I'm just now noticing this. That comic strip was hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.