12.11.2014

Autumn Asian Men: Karl Yune on #Arrow

You can't go wrong with having a Yune in your project.

Seriously.
TVLine has learned that Karl Yune has landed the major recurring role of Maseo Yamashiro, who will be introduced in flashbacks as Oliver’s handler. Over time, he also will evolve into a teacher and a friend who helps Oliver step ever closer to becoming the superhero he is today.

Maseo is the husband of Tatsu Yamashiro aka DC Comics superheroine “Katana” (to be played by Sin City‘s Devon Aoki), and is a skilled martial artist in his own right
. (Source)
I'll be honest; I generally don't watch Arrow except for The Flash crossovers.  Don't get me wrong; it's exactly the type of show I'd watch.  It's dark, gritty, and edgy - or at least, it's intended to be.  I'm sorry, but Arrow strikes me as the kind of show that belongs on adult channels where people can curse their hearts out and die visibly gruesome deaths.

But Arrow keeps coming up with reasons for me to watch (archers, John Barrowman, Byron Mann, Kelly Hu, Manu Bennett, Nick Tarabay, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Katrina Law*, and now Karl Yune....), so I'm thinking I might as well just give in and watch the whole damn thing.

*For real though...with all these Spartacus Alumni, why isn't this show on Starz?

2 comments:

  1. Only problem is it's hollywood and I fully expect there to be a storyline where Katana will cheat on Maseo because hollywood is racist and an unoriginal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you HAVE been watching! What are your thoughts? Should I even bother? Due to the fairly decent number of Asians on the show, do you want to start an ArrowWatch?

      Share, share!

      Delete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.