1.20.2015

Winter Asian Men: Mike Moh on #Empire (@mikemoh)

Why, hello there.  Isn't this picture the stuff of boarding school fantasies....

Last year I intended to do a feature on Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, in which Mr. Man here plays the iconic Ryu himself.  Don't ask me why I never got around to it.  It is what it is.

Anyways...meet Mike Moh, who currently has a recurring role on FOX's Empire.  I believe he works in the PR department; he helps coach hip-hop mogul Lucious Lyon (Terrence Howard) to go on "white TV and try and talk in a way that don't frighten these folks to death" (seriously, that's a direct quote).

Mike Moh himself is Korean American, early thirties, and pretty to the point of being painful.  As a gifted martial artist, he's done a lot of stunt roles and played some unnamed background characters, but in addition to his work in Assassin's Fist, I'm hoping his recurring appearance on Empire leads to more fleshed-out characters.

And did I mention how much I like listening to this guy talk?


Bonus Goodies




5 comments:

  1. I noticed him on Empire and wondered who he was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he had like one line in each ep, hopefully he'll have more in the following eps.
    (I like this [insert season] Asian men series, even though I have nothing to say)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture second from the bottom: YOWSA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second pic from the bottom makes think he should be the one playing The Flash opposite Candice Patton.

      Delete

Comments are no longer accepted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.